Flashing Red Light On XBox 360 is a common problem experienced by many XBox gamers. The number of flashing red lights found within the ring will usually point you in the right direction of how to solve the problem. Below is a quick break down:
One and three flashing lights – This usually signifies that hardware within the console has failed. The following are possible causes:
▪ Power supply problems.
▪ System may be overheating.
▪ Possible Network Interface problem.
▪ Hard drive is not properly set in place.
Two flashing lights – This usually means that the console is really hot and has overheated.
Four flashing lights – When you see this error, there is a very good chance that the AV cable is not properly being detected.
Things to try
The first reaction for many people is to call Microsoft. Before trying to call the support team there are a few things that you can check.
1. Make sure the hard drive is properly snapped into it’s slot. Turn off the system, remove the hard drive and then re-install it again. You should hear it snap in nicely. Try turning on the console and see if it solves the problem.
2. Test the power cable and cables that connect the console to the TV. Try borrowing a friend’s cables and using it on your system. If the problem gets resolved, then you need to get a new pair.
3. Try cleaning the dust from the air vents. If the console is overheating, it could be that there is some major dust build-up in the vents. Also, consider moving the machine to a better ventilated area. There should be sufficient space around the console.
If you’re still reading this article, my bet is that you’re still having a problem. If you’re lucky, the console is still in warranty and you can get it fixed for free. If the warranty is expired or you have already tampered with the box you will have to pay service charges that usually start at $150. Either way you will have to wait for about 4 weeks to get the system back. The other option is to repair the console yourself.
Using a simple step-by-step repair manual like the Flashing Red Light On XBox 360 Repair Guide to quickly fix your console.
It’s not possible to fix this problem without the help of a manual. Gamers that have tried, without the guide, have ended up screwing up the system even more. When you get the guide, you can follow the steps by reading the instructions on a pdf file or watching the step-by-step video guide.
Why don’t you have a look for yourself at the guide that has helped thousands of gamers get back to playing? Visit: Flashing Red Light On XBox 360 Repair Guide
When you get this error, try cleaning out the air vents, remove and re-install the hard drive and test out the TV and power cables. If you are still having a problem, use the repair guide and within a few hours you will have the system working again.
How long has your system been down? Don’t you think it’s time you took this into your own hands? Visit: Flashing Red Light On XBox 360.